Monday, June 13, 2011

Looking for Smart, Talented, and Well Informed Candidates? Run a Free [For Hire] Ad on reddit!

We've seen an increase of employers using our self-serve ad platform to find candidates for their open positions. We've also seen an increase in the posts and responses on the job related reddits: /r/forhire, /r/jobs, /r/freelance, /r/work, & /r/resumes (view them all as a multi-reddit HERE).

We think redditors are some of the smartest people out there, so we want to help employers get their attention. For the month of June, any employer looking to advertise an open position, can run a free $100 targeted [hiring] ad. Just sign up using our self-serve ad platform, email krispykrackers at kristine@reddit.com, and reddit will freebie your ad up to $100. Based on our current rates, that would mean several hundred thousand redditors will see your ad. You can even target it to a relevant reddit, like /r/programming or /r/gamedev, or target it to a regional reddit like /r/atlanta. Either way, you're bound to get a lot of valuable candidates looking at your open position for free!


"I'm a tech recruiter in the Seattle area as well as a Redditor. One day, after exhausting my sourcing tools like Monster, Dice, LinkedIn, etc., I thought to myself, 'If I were a developer or engineer, where would I be?' Bingo. Not only have I found valuable, qualified candidates that my clients adored and hired, I have had the honor of providing a few fellow Redditors with employment opportunities. To be honest, I play favorites and try to place my Reddit sourced candidates before others because they are part of a community that I am incredibly fond of and feel a bond with. Today you, tomorrow me."

discuss this post on reddit