Friday, September 11, 2009

Gone but not forgotten

Guest blogging by reddit's Fantastic Voyagers. Follow their journey on their reddit. Subscribe today!

Well, we're officially on Day 4 of the grand Reddit Adventure, and we've already had 2 casualties.

Both Gnarly and the traveling reddit alien have suffered massive trauma during our travels here in New York.

Gnarly went to the great beyond in my backpack, his horn ripped mercilessly from his head. My only hope is that it went quickly for him, and without much pain. I hate to think how long he might have suffered, screaming in his native Narwhalian tongue, me, unable to hear him over the roar of the subway platform. Regardless, he died alone in the quiet solitude of my pack, nestled in between a Cliff bar and my Nintendo DS. For that I may never be able to forgive myself.

The poor Reddit alien came to a much more abrupt and visible demise. While rearranging our packs at the apartment of one of 77or88's friends, the bottom hatch of his Cardboardium space pod suffered a catastrophic failure, ejecting him from his hibernation chamber at a speed equal to or greater than the standard pull of Earth's gravity. He was cracked asunder, and died a horrible death screaming on the floor; my warm tears rolling across his face would be the last comfort he would ever know.

We salute you, the mighty fallen. Out of all the souls I have ever encountered in my travels, theirs were the most... human.

tl;dr send crazy glue.





discuss this post on reddit