Monday, February 07, 2011

Charting the Super Bowl through our traffic graph

Last night I was sitting in front of the TV watching the Super Bo--- oops, can't call it that. I was watching a certain athletic sportsmanship contest, and at the same time keeping an eye on our monitoring to make sure reddit was staying up, as I am apt to do any time I'm in front of the computer.

I noticed a fun little trend in our traffic, and I posted it to the sports reddit:



At that point I got up to eat and stopped watching the traffic, but at the end of the game, I came back and took another screenshot of the entire day's traffic:



Apparently a good chunk of you either had a lot of pent up redditing to do, or you wanted to talk about Christina Aguilera or the Black Eyed Peas, the two most popular topics on reddit right after the game, because we saw the absolute highest number of requests we've ever seen.

So thank you all for helping us prove conclusively that people care more about the commercials than the game!
discuss this post on reddit