Friday, March 07, 2014

Welcome Lilly, Nicole, Chris, Ismail, Erica, Cynthia, Max, and Chris!

It’s our pleasure to announce 8 new reddit employees! It's been 5 months since our last announcement, and since then we've grown to 39 employees. Please join us in welcoming these new additions to the reddit team. As per tradition, we’ll let each new hire introduce themselves to you individually:

Lilly Oh (/u/hellohobbit), self-serve ad sales & support 
I was on reddit a lot in college and now I work here! I guide anyone who wants to promote something on reddit in the right direction, with the ultimate goal to make ads better for all of us. I grew up in Southern California, went to school in Northern California, and now live in NYC, where I think a lot about what it's like to live in a place with four distinct seasons. When I’m not on reddit I make art, eat a lot of cheese, and try to cook dinner every night. If you have any suggestions for life-changing recipes, send them my way! My favorite subreddits include /r/food, /r/happycrowds, and /r/morbidreality.

Nicole Clark (/u/taxidermyunicornhead), HR generalist
Hi reddit, I am the new HR Generalist. I am a native San Franciscan, I studied Middle Egyptian Hieroglyphics in college. I love to bake, crochet, and am currently reading as much magical realism as I can get my hands on. I have a cat named Cannoli, and we are mutually obsessed with each other. You can check her out on the redditpets multi (/m/redditpets) and also become obsessed with her. I look forward to supporting the amazing reddit staff so they can focus on the reddit community and making reddit more awesome.

Chris Khosrovani (/u/ckk524), sales associate 
Hey everyone, what an honor it is to work at reddit. Over the past few years reddit has become like therapy for me, and I’m so grateful to the community for the amazing and thoughtful content. Before reddit, I was working at a large ad agency and like so many people here, browsed reddit more than actually doing my job, so when I saw the post on /r/nycjobs, I had to apply. When I’m not ogling smoked meats on /r/bbq or yelling at tourists on /r/nyc, I like to ride my bicycle around the city and explore places that normal New Yorkers wouldn’t go. I'm also a huge Beatles fan and recently started collecting their vinyls. I’m really looking forward to helping the sales team continue to grow.

Ismail Jadun (/u/pinwale), doing all things international 
Hi reddit! It's so awesome to be here at reddit! I'll be helping to make reddit grow & become better at serving our international redditors. Did you know that you can help translate reddit into your language at /r/i18n? Also, check out /r/tldraroundtheworld for some pretty interesting international threads! So holla at me and you might get a pinwale datagram!

Erica Carter (/u/liltrixxy), customer service representative 
Hi reddit. I'm an aspiring old cat lady who was originally drawn in to reddit by cat gifs and hilarious user comments. I'm an enthusiastic redditgifts participant who is also lucky enough to be helping others enjoy the exchanges and Marketplace through my work with reddit. In my free time, I can usually be found playing video games with my family, watching Mr Show, or taking photos. My three cats are Captain Cheeseburger, Doctor Donut, and Professor Pickles. My favorite subreddits are /r/secretsanta, /r/buffy, /r/aww, and /r/askreddit.

Cynthia Hickson (/u/bluemoon3689), New York office manager 
Hello everyone. I’m the office manager for the New York office. I’m extremely happy to be here. I’m a native New Yorker, and my job will be working with the WeWork building management team and on a bunch of other office related tasks and special projects. No two days are the same, and I like that about reddit. Every day I’m here, I learn something new. So far my favorite subreddits are /r/horror, /r/AskScience, and /r/AskReligion. Once again, HAPPY TO BE HERE. Great staff at reddit.

Max Green (/u/maxgprime), Salt Lake City office manager 
Hi reddit! I am the Office Manager of the Utah office. I was born and raised in Utah. I’ve worked in politics since I was 15. After 10 years of public life I decided to try something new and joined the redditgifts team. For the last two years, I worked for the largest gay rights policy and advocacy organization in Utah. Part of my job will be to guide us in our efforts to be more connected to our communities here in Utah, and to actively participate in important conversations like Utah’s civil rights issues, and our archaic liquor laws. I’ve played the piano since I was 2 (23 years), I am a thin mint addict, and I’ve never been skiing or snowboarding even though I am a life-long Utahn. I am very excited to be a part of this great team!

Chris Dary (/u/umbrae), frontend engineer 
Hey folks! I'm umbrae and I'll be joining the engineering team, particularly working to add more features to reddit with chromakode — product and frontend stuff. You may know me from /r/serendipity, a bot driven subreddit I created to find new interesting subreddits. I've been thinking about communities and reddit particularly for many years and I'm so psyched to be able to work full-time on the thing that's been a big part of my online life. Favorite subreddits: /r/fantasy (Nice work, contributing authors who post there regularly!), /r/woodworking, and /r/daddit.

If you’d like to work at reddit, we have openings! Check out /r/redditjobs and redditgifts.com/jobs for the latest. If you’re looking for a job in general (not just reddit), consider reading our best practice feedback based on the resumes we’ve received in the past. None of this is possible without the support of you, the reddit community.

The reason we’re all here is because of you, the community. We love the work we do and feel very privileged to be part of a site and community that you have shaped. Thank you for your continued support of reddit!
discuss this post on reddit