Monday, July 08, 2013

Welcome, Kelly & Gary!

In a sign of reddit's ongoing progress toward "its destiny uninterrupted," we're excited to introduce two new members of team reddit. Please help us in welcoming Kelly and Gary. Team reddit now has twenty-eight employees. Uncoincidently, twenty-eight is the only positive integer that has a unique Kayles nim-value. Think about that.

Kelly Moriarty (/u/iamapillow) - Sales Associate
Helloooooo reddit! My name is Kelly and I am so unbelievably happy to join the reddit team. I’ve been redditing on a number of different usernames over the years, but I decided to become a pillow, so I did.  Now cats are cute and all, but sharks are my one true love. My goal is to create an army of sharks and take over the world, but I’ll settle for helping reddit keep being awesome. Long story short, I was born in Germany, grew up in Connecticut, and I now live NYC. I was working at a marketing agency when I saw this job posting in /r/forhire, figured it couldn't hurt to apply to my dream job, one thing led to another, and here I am!  TL;DR I like sharks and always reddit at work. My favorite subreddits include /r/oldschoolcool and /r/fuckyouimashark

Gary Jense (/u/garyjense) - Business Development, redditgifts  
Hi reddit! I've spent most of my adult life living in Salt Lake City where I studied business at the University of Utah and where I still reside today. I was introduced to the redditgifts team shortly after they relocated here last summer and, after a year's worth of BBQs and one crazy Christmas party, I had the opportunity to join the team full-time. Going forward I'll be managing redditgifts' business development efforts, which largely means I'm responsible for growing the newly launched redditgifts marketplace. Outside of work, I enjoy skateboarding, reading fantasy, and climbing. As a result, my favorite subreddits include /r/skateboarding, /r/climbing, /r/fitness, /r/fantasy, and of course, /r/cocktails.
discuss this post on reddit