Monday, April 08, 2013

2 New Employees Appear: Welcome Mike & Dylan!

Howdy!

We are super excited to introduce two new members of the reddit team. We'll let them introduce themselves below. Please join us in welcoming these outstanding new recruits, and as always, ask them anything in the comments! 

Also, this is the second time we've hired from /r/forhire and were blown away by the quality of applicants. If you are looking for a job or looking to fill a job, consider /r/forhire.


Mike Cole (/u/freedomthebucket) - Sales and Strategy
Hiya reddit! My name is Mike and I'm a cyborg that has been sent back in time to protect reddit.  That's not actually 100% true, but I am the brand spankin' new sales guy here. I hail from Pawtucket, Rhode Island (a fact that I am fiercely and irrationally proud of) and although my awesome wife and husky are temporarily in Atlanta, New York is where I currently hang my hat.  Working at reddit is quite literally one of the coolest things I've ever been a part of. Also on that list: Getting fist bumped by Billy Ocean, being 3 degrees away from Kevin Bacon, and owning an (alleged) lock of JFK's hair.


Dylan Hulser (/u/dylan) - Sales Associate
What an amazing honor it is to join the reddit team. Never in a million years did I expect to make my way from a tiny town in central Massachusetts to working for the greatest website in the world. My dad, (yes, my dad...) introduced me to reddit  shortly before the mass exodus from Digg back in late 2010. I've been big into reddit, on a few different accounts, ever since. After a fantastic four years at Ithaca College (Gorges, I know.) I spent about a year in digital media buying at a big NYC agency before seeing a post in /r/forhire for my dream job. Some opportunities are too good to pass up on - and here I am. You'll find me hanging out in /r/nyc, /r/jailbreak, and most of all, posting pictures of my dog Bomber in /r/frogdogs.
discuss this post on reddit