Friday, March 11, 2011

Are you going to be at SXSW?

Our Community Manager Erik Martin (hueypriest) will be doing a workshop at SXSW on Saturday March 12th at 11am. Come heckle him and fellow panelists Drew Curtis from Fark, Kelly McBride from The Poynter Institute, and Tucker Max as they discuss why comments on most sites suck so much.

Community Engagement Strategies: Rational Debate or Herding Cats?
http://schedule.sxsw.com/events/event_IAP5901
Saturday March 12
11:00AM @ Sheraton - Capitol E-H
701 East 11th St

Also at SXSW will be ketralnis, who will be representing his new company Hipmunk. Yes, it turns out ketralnis is leaving us to rejoin reddit's founders on their latest adventure, and we wish him all the best. He will certainly be missed. He has this to say for himself:

It's been my time to go for a while but now that hiring is so far along and there's so much great news about reddit's future coming in, I feel like I can leave the site in good shape and in good hands. I know that you guys will do great things without me, and I'm genuinely excited to see them. I'll still be hanging around the site of course, but I'll be going back to just posting pictures of cats with captions on them.

I'm looking forward to rejoining my friends at Hipmunk and helping them build a company to make travel search suck a little less. I'll be tagging along with them at sxsw so if you see us there make sure to come say hi!
—David 




On a more positive note, our massive engineering expansion is going really well. There are so many terrific submissions that we're just now wrapping up the initial review process and will be requesting resumes soon. And yes, the departure of ketralnis does mean that we'll be hiring even more people than previously anticipated.
discuss this post on reddit